Monday, April 9, 2012

Broke Girl's Vase





This girl right here is my best friend. I've known her for what seems like forever and she puts up with my crazy self. In fact she even wears ridiculous hats I make her [aka the one on her head.] This means that I love having her around and thus when special occasions come around I wish to make her awesome things! As an artistic type I made her a decorated vase to put her flowers in [She also really likes flowers]

 I decorated it with old colored pencils! She loves to draw and I thought this would be a really cute way to incorporate both of those things she likes. I also used my pocket knife to widdle away the wood so you could see the colors. She's all about the reassembling of peoples ideas of art, so I thought she would enjoy the symbolism.  Also I'm sorry for terrible phone pictures, it was the only camera I had on hand for documenting this project.

 If you too want to make this vase all you need are some old colored pencils and a small mason jar! You can just attach them as is with double sided tape or widdle them down like I did.

 This is what some of the pencils looked like once I took my knife to them. I liked you could see more of the color! I had a huge box in front of me to catch all the shavings. I would have done it outside but it was pouring rain!


Add a rose and wa-la! Vase! I hope she really likes it when I get it to her

No comments:

Post a Comment