Friday, April 6, 2012

Back from Boston


I got back from my trip to Boston, MA and I can tell you I had a complete blast! The weather was nice and cool, unlike it is back here in Texas. We hiked and ate our way through the city! Oh and a few museums, those were really cool too. But I have come to find that Clam Chowder really is better in New England and if you are looking for some of the best cornbread around head over to the Union Oyster House. It's off the Freedom Trail so it would be a hard place to miss.


Mom and I hiked the Freedom Trail in two days, and boy was there lots of it to see! It was also very nice of them to have a legitimate line across Boston proper for us to follow, it meant we didn't get lost and also have a way to navigate ourselves for the rest of the week. Plus we ran into a few people dressed up in period clothing giving tours and that was pretty fun.


The Old North Church was also on the trail and right next to it was a place called Mike's Pastry that had DELICIOUS "Boston Cream Puff"s. Seriously if you ever find yourself in Little Italy make sure you stop by there, the selection is great and everything tastes really good. You will know you are close because you will see everyone carrying a box.


At the end of the trail was the USS Constitution and our Navy guide was awesome and had some great appreciation for the history. Did you know they still take her out about twice a year? They can only go to the end of the bay but the fact the old girl still can move around from time to time is awesome to me. I'd love to be able to get on the ship when those rare times happen.





 We also went to some awesome Museums, and the Aquarium. I didn't get many pictures at the museum [my camera died on me] but did get a few good shots at these sea dwelling creatures. Wish I had more from the Museum of Fine Arts though because their collection was very well done and massive! We literally spent the whole day hiking around from one room to the other. Stayed until they kicked us out. VERY awesome time was had and I'd love to go back one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment