Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sunflower Crayons

Have some old Crayons that are broken up and useless? Well here is an awesome way to give them new life! I had a silicone mold in our kitchen that we never use and thought to myself, wouldn't that be adorable for from colorful crayons? And, alas, they were! 


First I made this adorable crayon flowers! I had broken crayons lying around my house from a million years ago and thought to myself "what can I even DO with these?" Then I remembered a tutorial I saw online on how to melt them all together!


I just put the snapped crayon pieces in the mold [and put the mold onto a cookie sheet so I could easily move it in and out], put the oven on 325 degrees and waited approximately fifteen minutes for all of them to melt. Took them out of the oven when they were basically liquid and let them cool over night. They came out really great, and were easy to take out of the mold.


I'm going to look to see if I have more crayons lying around. If I do I am totally listing them in my store. The sunflower pattern is just too cute!
  
Sunflower Marble Crayons on Threadendipity

No comments:

Post a Comment